If you are a worker facing retrenchment, this programme Workers in Transition has developed this useful guide to help you get back on track.
This comprehensive programme covers useful information so that you can:
• Understand the retrenchment process
• Consider your options for the future
• Take care of your emotional health and wellbeing as well as your family’s
• Prepare yourself for future interviews as a moving forward measure
• Learn the way to be a STAR at interviews
Suitable for employees who are selected for retrenchment.
This Live Online / Virtual Training session will be conducted via a Live Streaming Platform in which the trainer will use interactive lecture and slide presentation to cover the modules stated below.
The workshop will help participants transform powerful new concepts into swift, effective action through:
• Interactive lessons on how to handle retrenchment
• Peer discussions • Compelling videos on the issue that will be discussed.
• Real case studies related to termination and retrenchment.
• FAQ’s and topical Q&A sessions, with relevant case laws.
– How to Survive Being Laid Off
– Welcome to the Crowd of the Temporarily Unemployed!
– Do’s – Before You Are Laid Off
– Do’s – When and After They Give You the News
– Do NOT’s – Don’t Do These Things After Your Layoff
– Look to Your Future!
Module 2: Consider looking for another job: Planning for Interviews
– Understanding the local market, the recruitment process and being aware of
your skills will increase your chances at success when embarking on a job search.
– Job Interview Question: Why Did You Leave Your Job, After a Layoff (Plus Sample Answers!)
– Smart Strategies plus Sample Answers for Behavioural Interview Questions in 2020
– 5 Smart Strategies to Answer Behavioural Questions
– 3 Steps to Interview Success: Build Your Interview Checklist
– Be a STAR in Your Next Job Interview: STAR Method
– Example Answers for Common Behavioural Interview Questions
– The Finer Points on Answering Behavioural Interview Questions
– Layoffs Happen, But Still Need Explanation
– How to Handle Panel or Group Interviews
– Questions to Ask in Every Informational Interview
Module 3: Take care of your emotional health and well being, as well as your family’s
– Surviving a Layoff
– Recognize the Emotional Impact
– Take Care of Yourself
– Optimize Your Finances
Mathy holds a Masters in Human Resource Development (majoring in Training & Development) from University Putra Malaysia. She brings with her more than 18 years of working experience in training and consultancy. Mathy is an experienced facilitator with over 18 years in-house corporate experience around Asia. She is passionate about learning and development and has been working in this space for ten years focusing on Change, Culture and People.
ALL IN FROM ONLY
RM2,300/DAY SAVE RM750
RM1,915/day SAVE RM575
Understanding & Application of the Employment Act 1955
RM2,135/day SAVE RM536
RM2,300/day SAVE RM750
RM2,300/day SAVE RM750
The Employment Act & Amendments to Regulations
Trainer Dr Selvanathan
RM2,857/day SAVE RM857
UNDERSTANDING THE LABOUR LAW (THE EMPLOYMENT ACT 1955)
Trainer HJ. A
RM2,860/day SAVE RM860
Employment Act 1955 and Related Laws
RM3,430/day SAVE RM1,031
RM3,810/day SAVE RM1,140
Kursus Memahami Akta Kerja 1955
Trainer Dr Bala
RM3,815/day SAVE RM1,145