- Develop your problem-solving skills – learn how to tackle any issue you are facing with a logical process.
- Focus on the right problem – examine problems BEFORE trying to solve them to ensure that effort is spent appropriately.
- Develop a range of options – learn different ways to develop and build viable options before selecting the ‘best’ one.
- Save time – by understanding how to attack each problem; reduce the time needed to achieve corrective actions and solutions implementations to problems.
We emphasise pragmatism and hands-on exposure of trainees to use learnt tools in real shop floor. Our training methodology is one of Learn-Do. Training sessions will usually consist of 30% class room lectures and the balance is hand-on experiential learning simulations, activities and actual shop-floor training (where appropriate)
- Taught using interactive game-based learning methodology and activities
- Taught by Internationally acclaimed and certified Lean Master & Six Sigma practitioner who has learnt the Lean, Kaizen & Problem-Solving concepts directly from Toyota in Japan and in the USA. He has trained participants in Malaysia, Japan, India, China, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Switzerland and USA with 26 years of experience in operational improvement.
- The skills applied have saved millions of dollars in project savings at clients’ sites
- Understanding Standards, Gaps, Problem and its impact to Quality and Productivity
- The Formal Problem-Solving approaches – PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) & the 8D process
- The formal problem-solving process
- Roles of 8D Problem Solving Team
- 8D Problem Solving Process – The Step by Step Approach
- The Concept of “Go & See” in problem solving – Investigating the place/location of the problem
- Methods of Data Collection and analysis.
- Mapping, Diagnosing and Fact Finding- Preliminary Data
- Problem Statements & Hypothesis
- Root Cause Analysis & Data analysis
- Statistical methods
- Validation of Potential causes and zooming into the critical few
- Solutions Finding: Corrective Actions & Preventing Reccurance
- Solutions Finding
- Controlling the improvement-Standardized Work
- Pokayoke (Error Proofing)
- Managing The improvement project
- Communication for project implementation- Stakeholder Communication Strategies
- Team dynamics in the 8D process
- Leadership in problem solving
- Team Reward