This highly practical introductory course provides you with all the essential skills, tools and techniques that you’ll need to support you in your project management role. The course concentrates on the practical techniques that you can apply directly to your own workplace.
This course is focused on exploring the fundamental principles of successful project management and incorporates a number of easy to apply, effective tools and techniques that, when applied in the workplace, will allow the attendees to become more confident and competent in managing a project.
Participants will learn to:
Mainly for the project managers, product managers, senior design engineers, senior manufacturing engineers, functional managers, new product launch team, etc
This Live Online / Virtual Training session will be conducted via a Live Streaming Platform in which the trainer will use interactive lecture and slide presentation to cover the modules stated below.
– Defining what we mean by project working and how it differs from the day job
– Determining the approach (Waterfall or Agile) to managing projects – the project life-cycle.
Please note: the body of the course is based on the waterfall approach
– Understanding why projects fail – what to watch out for
Module 2: DEFINING A PROJECT
– Understanding the role of the project manager and other key stakeholders
– Appreciate the importance of teamwork within the project
– How to clearly define a project
– Setting and agreeing objectives, scope and constraints
– Understanding what questions to ask
– Recognizing the need for project governance
– Simple risk management tools and techniques available to avoid surprises
Module 3: PLANNING A PROJECT
– Exploring the range of tools and techniques used in planning a project including work breakdown structures,
Gantt charts, network diagrams and critical path analysis
– Determine the key project documentation and data display methods used on a project
– Scheduling techniques to maximize limited resources
– How to make time and cost estimates more credible and realistic
– How to plan for identified risks
– Defining and delivering against agreed quality expectations
– Recognize the need for a change management process and version control in a project
Module 4: IMPLEMENTING A PROJECT
– Exploring the range of key tools and techniques used to monitor and control a project
– What impact will changes have on the project?
– Determine corrective actions to ensure the project remains on track
– How to communicate the status of a project more effectively
Module 5: CLOSING AND REVIEWING A PROJECT
– Understanding the need for a controlled close to a project
– Measuring what actually happened against the plan and capture the lesson learnt both +ve and –ve
Shager a highly motivated South East Asia (SEA) level Trainer has an extensive work experience of 25 years. He carries a wide-ranging experience of more than 20 years with many Public Listed Companies in Malaysia. His contribution to enriching people’s experiences is supported in training with “Real Experiences Sharing” and not notes bound.
ALL IN FROM ONLY
RM1,550/DAY SAVE RM480
Be a Great Team Be Player (Online Training)
Innovative and Creative Thinking (Online Training)
From Conflict to Co-Operation and Collaboration (Online Training)
Manage a Virtual Team (Online Training)
Meaningful conversations (Online Training)
The Art Of Leadership Coaching (Online Training)
Virtual Presentation Skills (Online Training)
RM5,715/day SAVE RM1,716