Almost everything we do in today’s public or private (business) world invokes heavy competitive pressure: attracting foreign investments, “customer” habits change, new competitors appear, factors outside your control could delay your project. But we cannot allow ourselves to be paralyzed; we need to think strategically, plan in ways which are execution-able, and make decision as to what actions to take to minimize disruptions to our plans. In the final analysis, company vision is only good when we converge respective units’ efforts and achievements toward the organizational goals.
Participants will learn how to:
This program is suitable for Management (up and coming, and established) and above
Combination of lecture, with practical/hands on approach such as role plays, case studies, presentation, commentary on other companies/industries, and/or video.
Module 1: Start from the beginning
– What is our business?
– Why do we choose this business?
– What are some reasons for us to think and plan strategically?
– Example of Strategic Thinking & Planning: The Value Curve
– Culturalize The Strategic Thinking & Planning: make it a habit
– Business idea generation
– What is our vision?
– How do we ACHIEVE the vision?
Module 2: Information Seeking Stage
– SWOT Analysis: looking at our strengths and weaknesses
– Market Analysis – what is happening outside our organization?
– Risk Analysis
–Types of risks
– 4 Steps in Risk Management
Module 3: Action Stage: Putting it all together
– Workshop on Strategies and Plans: WHAT do we need to do to achieve the vision?
– Tools to help KPIs:
– Parkinson Principle
– Leadership & Culture: Interpersonal Skills
– Workshop on Departmental KPIs and Target setting: HOW do we measure AND manage what we need to do?
– Converting Vision to Reality: Setting KPI to help achieve company’s vision
Andrew has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specializing in the areas of Strategic Thinking, Leadership Transformation, Lean, QC Tools, VSM, 8D Problem Solving, performance management, productivity improvement, behavioral change, and Critical & Creative Thinking.
ALL IN FROM ONLY
RM2,250/DAY SAVE RM500
Diamonds of Amazonia
RM4,500/day SAVE RM700
RM2,860/day SAVE RM860
Time and Stress Management
RM1,250/day SAVE RM380
Developing Effective Warehouse and Material Management
RM2,670/day SAVE RM800
Supply Chain and Logistics Leadership in the 2020’s
RM2,670/day SAVE RM800
The Art of Leadership – Motivation
The Art of Leadership – Delegation
The Art of Leadership – Communication
Mastery Of Learning
Mastery of Learning