A consultant and social psychologist, Associate Professor Dr Kamal brings with him 12 over years of experience in the field of training and consultancy. He obtained his degree in University Science Malaysia and later continued with his Masters in Public Health from Wales, UK and then went on to complete is PhD in University Putra Malaysia in Social Psychology.
Dr Kamal besides doing training is very involved in Community Outreach Programmes where he is the Vice Chairman of Federation of Reproductive Health Adolescents Malaysia (FHRAM), former Vice Chairman of Perak Family Health Association and is an Exco Member of Malaysian Welfare of Children Council. He has a keen interest in young people and Reproductive Health and has presented in 3 International Conferences in this field. With a niche expertise in this area, he is constantly invited by Government agencies to workshops to develop modules on Reproductive Health as well as a speaker on issues pertaining to this subject.
Dr Kamal is not a new face to the training fraternity as he has carried out extensive training programs for companies like Petronas, Maybank, Westports, Volvo, Johor Port, Sime Tyres, Giant and also a host of many government and local companies. He is known for his approach in delivering his training with current methodologies especially catering to the change in climate of corporate culture. In fact, many companies have continued to engage him due his skills in engaging participants with passion and interest during his workshops. His very popular programs include Corporate Grooming, Bridging Generation Gap and also Unlocking the Iceberg Phenomenon. Prior to being a Consultant, he was working at a managerial level for several organisations primarily overseeing policy matters, developing templates, operational issue management and developing performance management processes.
He has also many International publications to his credit as well as authored a module on Leadership for a local academic institution. Due to his background in research, he is able to develop frameworks and tools specifically to cater the needs of his clients. Dr Kamal has been, and continues to be the preferred choice consultant specialising in corporate excellence and bridging the generation gap at workplace. He works with corporate leaders and human capital division in developing comprehensive Executive Development Programs for employees.
Among the research/study that he has conducted in recent years are:
• A Pilot Project on the Importance of Nutrition for Malaysian Underprivileged Students – A Study Carried Out for Mastercard (2019)
• A Study on Comprehensive Sexuality Education – What Malaysian Want to Know? – A Study Carried Out for ARROW (2018)
• Assessment of Implementing Comprehensive Sexuality Education in Malaysia – A Study funded by UNFPA (2018)
• A Study on Accreditation and Improvement on Quality Healthcare Services in MSQH Accredited Hospitals in Malaysia – Study Conducted for MSQH & MOH (2018)
• A Regulatory Impact Assessment (RIS) – An Assessment conducted for MOH (2018)
• Review of the Role of SCHOMOS in the Malaysian Healthcare System – A Study funded by MMA (2018)
• Socio Gap Analysis of Cottage Industry – A Study Conducted for the State of Perak (2017)
• Study on the Landscape of Health Economics of Primary Care Physicians in Malaysia – A Study Conducted for Malaysian Medical Association in partnership with UPM (2016)
• Socio Economy Gap Analysis of Communities of the Raub District – A Study Conducted for East Coast Economic Region Development Committee (2015)
• Socio Economy Gap Analysis of Communities of the Lipis District – A Study Conducted for East Coast Economic Region Development Committee (2015)
• Socio Economy Gap Analysis of Communities of the Cameron Highlands District – A Study Conducted for East Coast Economic Region Development Committee (2015)
• Socio Economy Gap Analysis of Communities of the Temerloh District – A Study Conducted for East Coast Economic Region Development Committee (2015)
• Socio Economy Gap Analysis of Communities of the Bentong District – A Study Conducted for East Coast Economic Region Development Committee (2015)
• The Effect of Managed Care Organisation (MCO) and FOMEMA in Healthcare System in Malaysia – A Study Conducted for Malaysian Medical Association (2015)
• Public Perception of the Implementation of Dispensary Separation in Malaysia – A Study Conducted for Malaysian Medical Association (2015)
• A Study on Hardcore Poverty in Malaysia – Study Conducted with UPM (2008)
Dr Kamal has also been constantly been invited as a speaker for lunch meetings and has been invited by the medias like Bernama, TV3 and TV2 for interviews on his expertise in professional development and consultancy work.
Among the clients that he has carried out programs for:
Petronas Ministry of Health
Schmidt & Clemens Safran Holdings
Maybank Police Force
Columbia Asia Westports
Felda Holdings Nottingham University
Prudential Ministry of Finance
Media Prima Hyundai Maritime
Malay Mail Karangkraf
UPM Mara Holdings
SOUTH EAST ASIA
Ministry of Health, Thailand
Ministry of Health, Myanmar
Ministry of Finance, Brunei
Khimji Ramdas, Sultanate Oman
Ministry of Tourism, UAE
Zuellig International, Korea