- Master’s in project management, University of Adelaide
- Bachelor or Business Administration, University of Madras
Spoken & Written
Lavanya has spent about 20 years in IT industry. Starting as a programmer in Compaq Malaysia and had grown all the way up to be a project manager with Hewlett-Packard Singapore. Later she joined Microsoft Singapore as a consultant, mainly taking care of service delivery management and Project Management. She implemented TDD and XP practices and change and release management in her work environment, managing a virtual team from China, Hong Kong and India.
Since 2006 she has been a trainer and coach in Project Management (Agile And Traditional), process management and leadership skills. She has delivered courses and coached teams across Asia, Middle East and in Europe.
Today, as a freelancer trainer, facilitator, and coach, Lavanya is working with project teams to help them successfully transform into a self-organizing team and coaching in Agile and Risk Management. She is experienced in quicky understanding complex objectives, managing cope and building stakeholder consensus to a structured delivery approach. She collaboratively manages global team resources to deliver objectives and relies on extensive technical background especially in Microsoft technologies to quickly assimilate new information technologies. Lavanya acts as the calming influence in resourcing matrices of objectives, cultural difference, vague and politically charged cross-functional activities.
She is highly competent in English and Tamil.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION :
- ACTA certified Trainer
- ACTA certified Developer
- ACTA certified Assessor
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certified
- CSOEP Certified (CSODP, CSOIP, CSOPP, CSOMP and CSOSP inclusive)
- ITIL V2 Service Delivery Manager
- ITIL v4 Foundation
- IT Instructure Framework (ITIL) v3 Expert Level
- Certified Scrum Master from Scrumalliance
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from PMI
- PMI-Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) certified from PMI
- PMI-Risk management Professional (PMI-RMP) certified from PMI
- PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certified from PMI
- PMI-Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) certified from PMI
- Certification in IT Project Management CITPM from Singapore Computer Society
Competent Leader from Toastmasters International
- Advanced Communicator Bronze from Toastmasters International
- Scaled Agile Program Consultant (SPC)
- Leading SAFe
- DevOps Foundation
- CASM, CAPO
- DevOps Leader
- Windows 3.11, 95, 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7
- Windows Server NT4, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, Novell Netware
- MS Project 2007, MS Excel 2007
OTHER NOTABLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Presidential award from Singapore PMI Chapter in 2008
- Reviewer for PMBOK V5
- One among the first 100 in the world to clear PMI-SP
- First in Singapore to clear the PMI-RMP.
Position Title : Lecturer/Director
Duration : July 2008– Present
- Conceptualizing new programs
- Discussing requirements with the stakeholders and understanding their training requirements.
- Validating the understanding with the customers
- Preparing course materials and presentation slides for the programs
- Coordinating the marketing portion
- Delivering courses in a customized manner
- Collecting feedback from the customers and ensure the training was delivered in a satisfactory manner
Position Title : Freelance Trainer
Duration : July 2006– August 2010
- Travelled around Asia and Europe delivering training programs for various customers.
Company : earth9.com Pte Ltd
Position Title : Senior Project Manager
Duration : 2006– 2007
- Managed projects on behalf of external customers. And managed a group of developers, designers and testers. Ensured timely delivery of the project. Worked on thorough risk analysis and managed the projects in tight timelines.
Company : Microsoft
Position Title : Project Manager
Duration : 2006– 2006
- Involved in planning of the internal projects. The main responsibility involved resource planning and risk planning. Worked extensively on MS Project for scheduling and cost tracking. Managed the deliverable as per the plan. Involved in the stakeholder expectations management.
Company : Hewlett-Packard
Position Title : Project Manager
Duration : April 2001– February 2006
- Consultant for HP Malaysia and HP Singapore. Worked on various pre-sales projects mostly on Microsoft technologies. Worked on extreme tight and challenging timelines and managed the stakeholder expectations appropriately. Managed to deliver the projects on time and within budget with the desired quality requirements. Was extensively involved in planning and risk management of the deliverables.
Company : Netlink Technologies India
Position Title : System analyst
Duration : 1998– 2001
- Software developer creating programs using Microsoft technologies. Was involved in the testing of the modules, working with UI, middle tier and backend systems and coordinated with the team leads to understand the timeline to deliver the work as per quality requirements.
- Won the 2008 Presidential award from Singapore PMI.
- Renewer for PMBOK v5 and PMI Guide to Business Analysis
- Won the 2017 Best IT management trainer award from NTUC Learning Hub
- Recipient of 2018 “Good Service” award from People’s Association
- Recipient of 2019 “Innovative Trainer” award from NTUC Learning Hub
- VP Education in NTUC Toastmasters Club