There is one certainty in any organisation : change or be changed. At the forefront of this, the first line of defense is a group of people in your organisation who must be good in the basics – managerial skills. These people may not necessarily be managers only, they can be anyone who has subordinates or who needs to work with a group of people (eg,. in a project). The top management sets the vision, and they depend on people who are efficient in the execution. It is always at the execution point that differentiates between the good and bad consequences, outstanding results or a complete disaster.
Participants will learn how to:
This is intended for all those who have formal subordinates and those personnel who have to manage the various resources and/or projects.
This Live Online / Virtual Training session will be conducted via a Live Streaming Platform in which the trainer will use interactive lecture and slide presentation to cover the modules stated below.
Module 1: Leadership
– What is leadership and why it is important?
– Leadership Approaches/Styles
– Case Exercise on leadership
– Guidelines to application
Module 2: Communication
– Introductory exercise: “Dream of a King”
– Definition and example
– Common pitfalls of poor communication
– Tool on how to avoid them
Module 3: Giving Directions
– How to provide effective directions
– The SMART approach
– Follow up: the “Twin Brother” of Giving Directions
Module 4: Motivation
– Survey: what do people want?
– How to manage motivation
Module 5: Problem Solving
– Workplace problems
– Problem solving tool
Module 6: Time Management
– How to be productive compared to others
– Case discussion on Prioritization
Module 7: Attract, recruit, retain people plus succession planning
– How to do the above
– Psychological contract
– Skills Matrix
Module 8: Delegation and Empowerment
– Case: “Smoking and Driving”
– Why delegate?
– How to delegate?
– Things which you should not delegate
Module 9: Managing Difficult Staff
– Why do people behave the way they do?
– Relationship between Attitude and Behavior
– Tactical handling of People
Module 10: Teambuilding
– Case: Game Theory
– What is a Team?
– How to select the best team
Andrew has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specializing in the areas of Strategic Thinking, Leadership Transformation, Lean, QC Tools, VSM, 8D Problem Solving, performance management, productivity improvement, behavioral change, and Critical & Creative Thinking.
ALL IN FROM ONLY
RM2,250/DAY SAVE RM500
Be a Great Team Be Player (Online Training)
Innovative and Creative Thinking (Online Training)
From Conflict to Co-Operation and Collaboration (Online Training)
Manage a Virtual Team (Online Training)
Meaningful conversations (Online Training)
The Art Of Leadership Coaching (Online Training)
Virtual Presentation Skills (Online Training)
RM5,715/day SAVE RM1,716